March 22nd, 2004

bettyboo

problems loading site specific text

Undefined domain: faq

I was trying to enter site-specific text, as described in Section 15.1, and ran into the same snag as a user in a previous post:

[root@box upgrading]# ./texttool.pl load
Undefined domain: faq
[root@box upgrading]#

I installed from the livejournal-2003082500.tar

I only want to change some of the site specific text. Do I still need to mess with CVS, as described in Section 13.1?

I ran the following command as Bradfitz suggested:

[root@Arbore upgrading]# ./texttool.pl wipedb
Undefined domain: faq
[root@Arbore upgrading]#

and I'm getting the same error as the previous poster

Suggestions?

  • Current Mood
    frustrated frustrated
comrade linear front

It's the dreaded "Wide character in subroutine entry" error.

My ljsite was up and running, but I wasn't able to add site specific text.

I upgraded via CVS, as described in 7.2.

When I ran update-db.pl, as described in 10.3, I got the wide character in subroutine bug

Here's the specifics:

...
Populating public system styles (S2):
SOURCE: s2layers.dat
Wide character in subroutine entry at /home/lj/bin/upgrading/update-db.pl line 272, line 139

comrade linear front

grr. I broke it.

Well, the ljsite was working, but I tried to upgrad via CVS, and I got as far as populating the database, and running update-db.pl, but now the following line in httpd.conf breaks apache:

#       PerlRequire /home/lj/cgi-bin/modperl.pl

Collapse )